gonna roll into bed now. hopefully i’ll be able to fall asleep and not be kept awake by the thought of my eldest dog possibly dying this very second.
When someone calls you out or points out that something is oppressive or expresses frustration at a microaggression… saying that they’re ‘just offended’ is missing the point. Oppression doesn’t ~offend my delicate sensibilities~ or anything like that, which is what “why are you so offended” seems to imply. It makes me fucking angry, and frightened, and tired, and bitter, and resentful—and for good reason.
why the fuck is this NBA shit still on
tvguide promised me coyote ugly at 11:30pm
it’s now 00:05am
fuck you and your mothers
What is it?: A day for Ally allies to support the trials of Allies, who for too long have struggled to meet the basic standards of human decency.
When is it: Apparently every day.
What can I do?: We’re still working on getting the bracelets, but until then you can plaster this flag onto every available space:
In honor of Ally Day, we are also holding an Ally Convention. Highlighted activities and workshops include:
- Oppression by Association: How to re-center the discussion of oppression on yourself
- Cookies 101: How to beg
- Bechdel Test: How dating, befriending, or otherwise associating with oppressed individual renders you incapable of furthering oppressive ideology.
- Speakerphone: How to spread awareness by speaking over the oppressed. [Guest appearance by Tim Wise]
- This Land is Your Land, But Mostly My Land: How to insert yourself into spaces made for and by individuals with marginalized identities.
- Ally Pride Parade: A celebration of the true you. [Musical appearance by Lady Gaga]
More information will be distributed as the event date approaches. Until then, remember… ally behind your allies.
Oh this is perfect. I love you.
I lost it at the guest appearance by Tim Wise. LMAO!!!
>teenage actress’s private nudes get leaked
>teenage actress is reviled as a slut and a whore and a bad role model
>james franco asks a seventeen-year-old girl if he can meet her in a private hotel room
>james franco gets to go on saturday night live and joke about what a silly doofus he is for soliciting sex from a girl literally half his age
DO NOT DARE OVERLOOK THIS POST
Women that oppose feminism because they feel they personally have all the rights and respect they need are so incredibly selfish and ignorant to the plight of women not only in their own country, but across the developing world.
I have never seen a cis person get bullied for being cis, but I have seen plenty of cis people get called out for being assholes and then claim they’re being bullied for being cis.